top of page


Let Us Represent You

Our team of committed attorneys understands the importance of your case. With experience in a wide array of practice areas, Law Offices Of Metin Serbest will handle your legal issues with care and professionalism.

Signing a Contract


Justice for You

Smiling Handshake


Years of Experience

Contract Paper Signing


Proven Success

International Flags


Justice for You


Asylum and Political Refuge

In the United States of America, in order to qualify for eligibility for asylum, an alien must demonstrate that he has experienced persecution in his or her country of origin because of his/her race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group, and he/she has a well-founded fear of future persecution.

The asylum process is very comprehensive and meticulous and can be very challenging without a skilled lawyer.  Contact Law Offices of Metin Serbest to find out how we can help you obtain the best results in your asylum case.  We have dealt with hundreds of asylum cases, thus we are very experienced in the particulars of applying for asylum to ensure the best outcomes possible.


Deportation or removal is when the U.S government orders for a non-citizen immigrant to be extradited from the country.

There are several courses of action to avoid such a result.  If this is the situation in your case, contact our office immediately as time is of the essence.

EB-5 Investor  Visa

The basis for this visa is to promote economic growth in the U.S. via investments from foreign entrepreneurs.  This visa enables investors, their spouses, and their unmarried children under the age of 21 to qualify for a green card under the conditions that they 1.) Make a certain investment into a U.S. commercial enterprise and 2.) Create 10 jobs for U.S. workers.


EB-1 is an Employment based visa issued to those who demonstrate achievement in their field of work.  The three types of EB-1 visas are EB-1A for immigrants with extraordinary ability, EB-1B for outstanding researchers and professors, and EB-1C for managers and executive transferees.

EB-1 visas do not require a labor certification in the green card process.  However, in order to qualify for this visa, individuals must provide evidence of recognition of international or national achievements in his or her prospective field.  The alien must also prove that he or she will continue to work in his/her field of excellence in the United states and show that in the future the United States will benefit from his or her admittance to the country.

NIW Visa

National Interest Waiver (NIW) allows individuals to apply for employment based immigration without a labor certification or job offer from a U.S employer.  The applicant must have at least a bachelors degree or qualify for exceptional ability in sciences, arts, or business.  Exemption from the labor certification must be proven by the applicant to be in the national interest of the U.S.

B-1/B-2 Business and Tourist Visa

This is a visa given to temporary visitors for business (B-1), temporary visitor for pleasure (B-2), or reasons including both of these (B-1/B-2) for a period of six months at most.  Validity periods for visas of this type vary by country.

E-1/E-2 Trader and Investor Visa

Treaty Trader (E-1) and Treaty Investor (E-2) visas are issued to individuals who will have a significant impact on the U.S. economy with their activities in international banking, insurance, transportation, or tourism.

B-2 Medical Tourism Visa

Issued to individuals who have a pressing need for medical treatment in the United States.  Letters from a personal physician and a U.S. Healthcare professional as well as additional documents to prove the intention of a temporary visit to the United States are required.

F-1/F-2 Student Visa

International Students (F-1) who are enrolled in a qualifying U.S. educational institution may apply for this visa.  The student’s spouse and children may qualify for a F-2 visa.

J-1/J-2 Exchange Visitor Program Visa

The Exchange Visitor Program Visa is intended to increase awareness of people from different cultures through designated public and private exchange sponsors. The exchange visitor is provided a J-1 visa, while their spouses and children are issued J-2 visas.

M-1/M-2 Student Visa (Vocational and Technical Schools)

The M-1 visa is a student visa is provided to individuals who will attend a technical and vocational schools.  M-2 visas permit the student’s spouse and children to come to the United States alongside him or her.

H-1B Employment Visa

This is a visa for employees seeking employment in the United States.  The employee must have at least a bachelors degree or the equivalence of one in education and experience and must be employed in a professional-level job.

L Intracompany Transferee Visa

The L-1 visa is for individuals who have worked in an organization abroad for at least one year and who will be transferring to the United states for an executive or managerial position in the same organization.  L-2 visas are issued to the spouse and qualified children of an L-1 visa holder.

O Extraordinary Ability

A Visa afforded to individuals who has been nationally recognized for extraordinary skill in sciences, arts, education, business, athletics, motion pictures, or the television industry.

P Athletes, Artists and Entertainment Groups Visa

P visas are issued to individuals or teams of athletes, entertainment groups, and artists who are traveling to perform, teach or coach in the United States of America.

Adjustment of Status

Under certain circumstances, an immigrant living in the United States can file for an adjustment of status to a non-immigrant permanent resident.

Adjustment of status categories:

Family Based: This requires for a form I-130 to be filed for the immigrant by a relative who is either a U.S citizen or a green card holder.

Employment based: U.S. employers must file a form I-140 to sponsor a worker.  Individual entrepreneurs can petition for an adjustment of status under this category on their behalf by completing form I-526.

Special Classes of Immigrants: According to USCIS, persons under the following categories may gain adjustment of status.

1. An Amerasian;

2. A Widow or Widower;

3. A Battered or Abused Spouse or Child of a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident; or

4. A special immigrant. A special immigrant is defined as one of the following:

 "A. Religious Worker;

B. Panama Canal Company Employee, Canal Zone Government Employee, U.S. Government in the Canal Zone Employee;

C. Physician;

D. International Organization Employee or Family Member;

E. Juvenile Court Dependent;

F. Armed Forces Member;

G. Afghanistan or Iraq national who supported the U.S. Armed Forces as a translator;

H. Iraq national who worked for or on behalf of the U.S. Government in Iraq or

I. an Afghan national who worked for or on behalf of the U.S. Government in Afghanistan.”

K Visa- fiancé/spouse of citizen

o K1 visas are given to fiancés of a U.S. Citizen so that they may enter the country faster.  Under this visa, the U.S. citizen and alien must marry within 90 days of the alien’s entry into the U.S.

Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)

o Allows for the abused spouse, parent, or child of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to file for a U.S. visa without the abuser’s (citizen/permanent resident) knowledge.  The provisions of this act apply equally to women and men.

I-751 Removal of Conditions for marriage

o Permanent residence given to an alien on the basis of marriage that is less than 2 years old is conditional.  After 2 years, it is necessary to prove that the marriage was not done for the purpose of receiving permanent residence.  Form I-751 must be filed 90 days prior to the 2 year anniversary of the marriage in order to keep the permanent residence status.

Practices: Text


Since 2006, the most foreign investments occurring anywhere in the world have been in the United States of America. The U.S., with its highly skilled work force, robust legal infrastructure, and the growth of the economy in all field, is a highly attractive opportunity for investors from all over the world.

Our counseling services are available for starting up a new business, buying an existing business, and selling a business, as well as contract negotiations and drafting all of which can be challenging and require a diligent attorney with experience.  Our team of legal experts will walk you through every step of your investment endeavors.

Practices: Text


Foreign Companies Investing in the U.S.

Whether you run a U.S. company or a foreign one we can help you establish business-to-business (B2B) alliances around the world.

Contact us to ask about how you too can take advantage of U.S. investment incentive programs such as EB-5 and E-2 visas to take your business to a global level.

EB-5 Investment Program

This program is a unique program with the opportunity of obtaining a green Card for foreign nationals who invest in the United States. Individuals invest in a new business or existing-”Troubled Business”, or into a “Reginal Center $1,000,000 (One Million) or $500,000(Five Hundred Thousand) in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA)- high unemployment, or rural area, and create 10 jobs or maintain the number of jobs as existed when you made your investment. Upon approval of the foreign national investor’s petition, the investor and dependents will be granted conditional permanent residence valid for two years.

E2 Treaty Investors

The E-2 Treaty Investors Visa is a non immigrant classification allows foreign investors to be admitted to the United States when investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business. Investor, who have invested or is in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital in an enterprise in the US, must be a national of a treaty country with which the United States maintains a treaty of Commerce and navigation. Investor required to have 50 % ownership of the enterprise or possession of operational control through a managerial position. Investors and Employees may be accompanied by spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age. Treaty investors and employees are allowed initial stay of two years which is subject to unlimited extensions in increments of up to two years each.

U.S. Companies Interested in Investing Abroad

Our legal experts are ready to assist you minimize risks and maximize opportunities in emerging markets around the globe specifically in



Iraq-Kurdish Regional Government




Saudi Arabia

Practices: Text


Turkish human rights law is our specialty, but Individual Applications to the European Court of Human Rights can also be processed through our law office.  We are able to represent any individual from one of the 47 member countries of the Council of Europe in their Human Rights issues.

 Law Offices of Metin Serbest also manages cases under The Alien Tort Claims Act (ATCA) which allows aliens living in the United States to file claims of Human rights violations committed in other countries to the Federal Court of The United States.

Practices: Text
bottom of page